Navibar

Thursday, May 16, 2013

Awesome and awkward

Awesome

My first gelato experience.  I tried salted peanut and chocolate- It was basically a gourmet Reese Cup
My friend Ashley made me cookies because she skipped my body attack class

This is what was left of them- I can do some damage



Nick's sister in law had a birthday over the weekend and we got to take a tractor ride!  those are her cute parents
I was loving it!
(Jill is my 13 year old niece and Ethan is my 3 year old nephew)
he is pretty much the cutest little boy you will ever meet
Just because I am a proud Auntie...  My little nephew Ethan eating is sister's nose.   



Awkward




Sorry for the pixel nastiness but that says 91 degrees at 6:35pm.... what the what!?   It was 50 degrees last week!  crazy menopausal Virginia
This is only awkward when you say "in bed" after it lol

My coworker and I found a giant pair of underwear at work.  And for some reason that meant we needed to put them on together...  
My first experience with the monkey bars since the second grade... it is way harder than I remember!!!   It tore up my hands but it was still a good time... even if some parents thought I was a creeper playing around at a playground full of kids

So I keep wanting to like smoothies... and good gracious I just cant.  Look how delish that looks...   I had to bribe myself to choke it down and I only got 1/3 of the way through it.  I couldn't even finish it for the thought of buying myself some shoes....   GAHHH   This girl needs some smoothie ideas fast!   feel free to share with a sista



I walked in to teach my body attack class to find this nut talking to these girls about carrying guns and knives....  what?   what the heck?   Please notice he is only wearing socks.  Apparently when you can carry a gun you don't need to wear shoes-  Who would mess with you right?


This would be my cat... stealing broccoli...  not the little bits of salmon left on my plate but broccoli.   I dont know what is more awkward, the fact I let my cat eat my leftovers, she eats veggies over fish or that I chose to share is on my blog...   oy

No picture because my phone died but Nick's uncle gave him a plot of land in NC and wanted to show it to us on Sunday.  I am in a super cute dress and heels but he tells me it is a 10 minute walk.   Well Nick's grandmother was like "she cant walk in those"  so she leaves to get me some shoes... comes back with a pair of high heeled black boots...   uhm ok?   So I slap the boots on and we go to the land ... we start to walk... and walk.. and walk... and walk through poison ivy.... then up a hill... then through more poison ivy.. and make it to the top...  mind you his uncle has pulled two beers out of his overalls and is pretty tipsy and has no clue where we are...  Nick tells me to jump on his back (I am in a dress and tall black boots and he is in slacks and a tie, we must have looked AMAZING) and we proceed down this mountain... his uncle is starting to walk backwards in drunkenness...  somehow we made it back to the car!! 

I am SPEECHLESS.  But it should be appreciated that I didn't twist an ankle in those boots



Any awesome or awkward moments for you?

1 comment:

  1. GIIIIIRL! I have 2 smoothie recipes for you. The first I crave all day, but I only allow myself to have it for 1 meal. The second is really good, too.
    PB Spinach Smoothie
    1 cup almond milk (no substitutes)
    1/2 cup Greek yogurt (I use vanilla, but plain is fine too...if you're into that)
    1 frozen banana (i cut bananas up and freeze them in snack baggies ahead of time)
    1 TBSP creamy peanut butter
    2 cups fresh baby spinach (when I run out of spinach i still make the smoothie without it....and it's just as awesome)
    1 tsp Agave syrup (optional)
    -Blend for 1 minute. Use a spatula to wipe down the sides, then blend again for 1-2 minutes. Drink. Be in Heaven.

    Blueberry Delight Smoothie
    1 cup frozen blueberries
    1/2 cup vanilla Greek yogurt
    1 can mandarin oranges, including juice
    1 cups baby spinach (optional)
    -Blend, wipe sides, blend again. Drink. Yum.

    ReplyDelete