Navibar

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

My love night

So Nick and I went to DC for the weekend to celebrate Valentines Day (I will post about this later today).  We decided that we were going to have a relaxing night.  I told him I was just going to make dinner and we were going to watch a movie.


 Debbie gave me the recipe for this rockin steak Here.  So at lunch I popped some steak into the marinade.  After work I taught my spin class until 6.  I got home at 6:15 and cut up the veggies to roast.  Then I got to work on the creme brulee.  I made 4 of those and took 2 over to my boss' house.  On my way back from her house I could not help but notice that all the restaurants were packed and I was just so excited to have a nice dinner at home.   When I get back to my house I have a total of 20 minutes to shower, do my hair, get dressed, fix my make up, set the table (with nothing, walmart had been cleaned out of decorations) and get the steak in the oven.

Well home girl did it!!!  

I was stressing about how to make the house look cute since there were no table cloths that were not made of plastic and no candles to be found.  So I went to my craft room, found some pink fabric, looked around and found some old vases from flowers in the past and stuck some tea lights in the bottom.  I went around lighting any candle I had as a decoration.  I put on some Steve Tyrell on Pandora and viola, a romantic evening on a small budget.

Nick was so excited when he walked in, apparently he had not expected me to put so much effort into it.  And he was ALL about my outfit.  It may have been because Nick did not read the part of his heart attacked message that he was suppose to dress for dinner and bring comfy clothes because honey child showed up in sweats hahaha.   He looked so upset and he kept asking me if he should change.

After dinner we just sat and talked about old memories and old relationships of all things hahaha.   Then we tried to watch Elizabethtown but we could not get into it.  So the great guy that Nick is, agreed to watch glee with me (The MJ epoisode).

No present pictures to show you because both of our presents are still in the mail :(

 Here is my outfit of the night
NYand CO top and Banana Republic skirt  I had on some peep toe Nine West pumps but I was in a little rush and did not feel like messing with the angle.
My roses from Nick,.  My table looked better once i had place settings but like I said I was in a bit of a rush haha
Dessert
Delish!!





No comments:

Post a Comment